Associate Director / Director, HR Business Partner
We are seeking an Associate Director / Director, Human Resources Business Partner to help build and sustain our Innovation Hub in Baltimore. The HRBP will be responsible for partnering with employees and leaders at all levels in the organization; providing coaching, building and implementing people programs and driving an exceptional employee experience. The ideal candidate will bring a deep expertise in human resources, strong business acumen, cultural awareness, a consultative approach, be a relationship builder, a problem solver and a team player. Should have proven experience identifying and building people programs aligned to business needs to build high performing teams. This is a unique, challenging, and exciting role for an experienced HR professional that is looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact to building a company with an inspired vision.
The Ideal Candidate
- Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
- Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
- Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
- Is optimistic and committed to Thrive’s mission
- Act as an internal consultant to leaders, managers, and employees providing coaching and advice on a broad range of people and cultural priorities including organizational effectiveness and development, organizational design, coaching, talent management, learning and development, and employee relations.
- Ensure the business attracts, develops, and retains high quality talent at all levels to support the growth objectives, opportunities, and strategies of the business.
- Support ongoing growth and infrastructure by identifying the people and organizational implications of the business strategy and identifying talent gaps and development areas across the functions and other areas.
- Work collaboratively with the Human Resources team and other subject matter experts to contribute to the creation of solutions for best practice initiatives in such areas as culture, talent acquisition and onboarding, employee communication, talent and career development, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and HRIS delivery.
- Drive our high performing culture that engages and inspires employees.
- 8+ years of progressive HR Partnership experience and responsibility in fast-paced, high rate-of-change environments.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field.
- Strong business acumen.
- The proven ability to influence and drive change with leadership teams and across agile startup organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth.
- Experience building and executing employee engagement and development programs.
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expertise in organizational design and effectiveness, and performance management.
- Deep knowledge of HR policies and practices.