Thrive is hiring a Facilities Technician to maintain facilities, systems and equipment in our Baltimore site, including HVAC, refrigeration and electrical systems. This individual enables Thrive to meet and exceed operational goals by delivering a safe, productive, clean, and sustainable building environment, with particular focus on lab operations. S/he will work collaboratively with Thrive’s facilities team and other site personnel to achieve objectives and cultivate continuous improvement in facilities operations. This role reports to a Manager in Facilities.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain and repair lab or facility support equipment, directly or by managing 3rd party specialists, including unscheduled and preventive maintenance.
- Diagnose problems with facility or lab equipment, replace or repair parts, test and validate proper operations, in coordination with lab operations personnel as appropriate.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform regular maintenance and service requirements.
- Provide general facility support by fulfilling routine light maintenance work orders and assist colleagues in facilities-related tasks as needed, such as room set up, moving office equipment and furniture, and repairs.
- Coordinate vendors and landlord work orders related to construction, maintenance and repairs; verify billable tasks as completed.
- Oversee third-party service providers who are responsible for ongoing, day-to-day site services; e.g., ensure the cleaning schedule is met, manage lab coat and towel services.
- Work with lab and office managers to manage liquid and solid waste pickup.
- Refill general lab supplies to agreed-upon inventory levels on a daily basis from central stores, and trigger re-order for central stock to ensure inventory levels are appropriate.
- Manage site shipping and receiving, including distribution of mail, accepting deliveries of packages and equipment, and ensuring items reach end users in a timely manner.
- Comply with all EHS regulations, and actively support EHS initiatives.
- Support excellent housekeeping, outstanding lab hygiene and general campus orderliness.
- Act as a primary point of contact for all facilities requests onsite, from outside vendors, service providers or elsewhere in Thrive.
- High School Degree (or equivalent) and2+ years' experience in general building repairs, and/or building equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong general mechanical aptitude, knowledge of laboratory equipment and support systems, and technical knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electricity.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blueprints and technical specifications.
- Certification for shipping waste, biohazardous samples and materials a plus; must be willing to train.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal).