Head of Program & Project Management
The Head of Program Management will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to optimize program/project management at Thrive. S/he will establish high performance processes and practices throughout the organization, ensure organizational alignment on key programs/projects, and drive planning and execution to successfully deliver on corporate objectives. S/he will develop insights into strategic and execution risks for the company, surface pivotal questions for the executive team, and recommend critical investments in capabilities, organization and infrastructure. This role reports to the COO and will work in collaboration with numerous functions, all levels of the organization and external partners.
- Develop the Program Management function, processes, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with colleagues and the leadership team.
- Shape the strategy, goals and plans for high priority cross-functional programs/projects in close collaboration with key stakeholders; establish alignment at all levels of the organization and across projects to optimize execution.
- Institute, and, as appropriate, lead, cross-functional program/project teams that effectively define and manage deliverables and timelines, facilitate decision making, and outline risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure comprehensive, high-quality, and proactive communications within teams and with key stakeholders, including the executive team and the Board of Directors, in order to achieve clarity of goals, progress and issues.
- Assess alignment of goals, timelines and resource plans across key programs/projects and with corporate objectives; propose options to reconcile any gaps or conflicts, and facilitate solutions.
- Work closely with the COO and other executives to identify opportunities to accelerate and de-risk corporate goals and long-term corporate objectives; collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to define options to realize gains or mitigate risks.
- Seek out opportunities for improvement in project management throughout the organization; introduce tools and processes to ensure effective planning, execution and communication.
- Hire program/project management professionals to fulfill the responsibilities of the PMO; collaborate with hiring managers to identify and recruit high caliber project management professionals in other functions.
- Provide mentorship to direct reports and other project management professionals within the organization.
- Strong leader with 12+ years experience with a minimum of 8 years of program management experience in life sciences
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Advanced program management skills required; PMP certification beneficial
- Experience in developing and leading high-performance cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes with internal and external teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Detail oriented, resourceful, creative and flexible with superior people and stakeholder management skills for interacting with a wide constituency.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and to influence without direct authority, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.