Lead Molecular Lab Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Lead Molecular Lab Specialist. The successful candidate will work closely with Laboratory Operations management to schedule and perform routine molecular biology and next-generation sequencing procedures following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Molecular Biology
- CLIA Certified Lab
- Sample Preparation
- Laboratory Coordination
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Planning, scheduling and execution of laboratory work in order to meet established deadlines and priorities as part of a cross-functional team.
- Provide daily guidance and oversight to the lab team to meet processing expectations.
- Assist in capacity modeling, process improvement and sample-throughput planning.
- Perform routine molecular biology lab duties such as DNA extraction, PCR and all associated sample prep for next- generation sequencing.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with laboratory SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with the generation and updating of laboratory SOPs.
- Perform basic lab maintenance tasks such as ordering laboratory reagents, oligonucleotides and other lab supplies, and keeping detailed lab records.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on next-generation sequencing equipment (e.g., Illumina, MiSeq).
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant chemical, physical or biological field.
- 4+ years of wet lab experience performing molecular biology procedures.
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other relevant regulatory agency standards such as CLIA.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weights.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Experience creating and managing laboratory scheduling and workloads.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and critical problem-solving abilities.
- Previous experience with next-generation sequencing would be an advantage.