Principal/Senior Scientist, Genomics Assay Development
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal/Senior Scientist to join the Product Development team at a new Third Rock Ventures portfolio company in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will be responsible for genomic analytical assay development in support of developing impactful new diagnostic assays. The successful candidate will be a lead for internal and outsourced projects and collaborate with team members on cross functional teams. This position will play a critical role in driving genomic biomarker focused assay development.
- Clinical Samples
- Assay Development
- Develop, optimize, and validate genomic assays and apply to laboratory and clinical samples.
- Lead the development and optimization of assays on multiple clinical sample types.
- Manage products through feasibility, development, and validation in regulated environments.
- Continuously drive product development through internal and external collaborations.
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports and working with external vendors/CROs is a plus.
- PhD degree in cell/molecular biology, genetics, cancer biology, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience working successfully with clinical samples.
- Experience in optimizing NGS and associated methods including DNA-seq and RNA-seq on clinical samples.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills for the purpose of effective contribution to multi-site collaborations including within the new company and with external vendors, CROs, and biopharma.