Principal/Senior Scientist, Protein Diagnostics
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal/Senior Scientist to join the Product Development team at a new Third Rock Ventures portfolio company in Cambridge, MA. The successful candidate will be responsible for protein-based analytical assay development in support of developing impactful new diagnostic assays. The successful candidate will be a lead for internal and outsourced projects and collaborate with team members on cross functional teams. This position will play a critical role in driving protein biomarker focused assay development.
- Immunoassay Development
- Clinical Samples
- CRO Management
- Develop, optimize, and validate immunoassays and apply to laboratory and clinical samples.
- Lead the evaluation assessment of reagents sources, and immunoassay conditions on multiple sample types (plasma, serum).
- Manage products through feasibility, development, and validation in regulated environments.
- Continuously drive product development through internal and external collaborations.
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports and working with external vendors/CROs is a plus.
- PhD degree in cell/molecular biology, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience working successfully with clinical samples.
- Experience in optimizing immunoassay methods on clinical samples is required.
- A proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent collaboration, organizational and documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills for the purpose of effective contribution to multi-site collaborations including within the new company and with external vendors, CROs, and biopharma.