Senior / Principal Automation Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior / Principal Automation Engineer to join the Product Development team. The Senior Automation Engineer will join a highly collaborative, cross-functional team including R&D, Operations and Technology to develop and deploy robust laboratory automation solutions for pre-analytical sample processing, Immunoassay and Next-Generation Sequencing based assays in support of high complexity laboratory developed tests. The successful candidate will help establish our strategy for automated solutions and has experience leading a collaborative, fast-paced team to build scalable, highly integrated automation platform which enable users to reliably and efficiently deliver timely, high quality results in regulated environment.
- Develop robust methods for the management and deployment of laboratory machine software to ensure concordant assay performance on hardware located in multiple sites
- Develop automated solutions through programming of liquid handling robotics platforms to meet the requirements of existing assay workflows
- Identify and address unmet automation needs through collaboration with scientists, engineers and project teams
- Ensure accurate and robust automation software integration with external systems (LIMS, integrated hardware, etc.) through the development of Installation and Operational Qualification procedures
- Managing, developing and mentoring direct reports
- Partner with R&D, Operations and Technology to manage design transfer and deployment of automation solutions across multiple sites which meet product requirements and are fully integrated with clinical laboratory workflows
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Life Sciences or related field
- 10+ years of experience working with automated liquid handlers and associated software in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, ISO, etc.). Experience with Hamilton, Eppendorf or Tecan liquid handlers is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the management of both direct reports and cross-functional projects
- High attention to detail and proven ability to effectively communicate across teams located at multiple sites
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues in collaboration with a team of scientists
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and demands
- Familiarity with Next-Generation sequencing and/or common molecular biology laboratory workflows